As you may know, I am a teacher-seller on Teacherspayteachers.com. Selling my teaching materials on this popular website has made me a better teacher and has changed my life! This year (2016), I was able to attend the TPT Conference in Orlando at Disney’s Swan and Dolphin.
The conference was simply amazing! I learned many strategies for improving my teaching units and materials and heard about ways to help my business grow. After this two-day conference, I was overloaded with information thanks to all of the incredible ideas that were presented. Now that the dust has settled a bit, I can list my top five priorities for this year:
- I am going to analyze my customers’ comments to find out what they want. One thing I know my customers want is to have my Parent’s Guide to Reading Series translated into Spanish. I have looked high and low for a translator. Do you know anyone? 🙂
- I am going to make my very first product video. Who wants to look at product descriptions and pictures when you can watch a one-minute video that shows the contents of a unit and how to use it in the classroom? I’m looking for the perfect app or program to help with this and I couldn’t be more excited!
- I already knew that my niche in the market is 4th-6th grade social studies. Those products are going to take priority with my time. I enjoy making science, reading, and writing resources but the majority of my time needs to be spent on social studies!
- I am going to give my product descriptions a “face-lift” to make them more user-friendly.
- I really do have a lot of ideas to share with teachers. I am going to be diligent in updating my blog. I want to do my part to help other teachers and promote best classroom practice! Be sure to subscribe to my blog if you want new posts sent to your email!
As amazing as the TPT Conference was, I would have to say that taking our three year old to Disney World was the highlight of our trip to Orlando!
We stayed at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The resort was phenomenal and we would love to visit again soon.
We spent most of our time in the Magic Kingdom. Our sweet princess met most of the Disney princesses. Her very favorite was Cinderella. Every time she left a princess, she told her, “I love you!”
We spent one day in the Animal Kingdom and loved every minute. We especially enjoyed the Jungle Safari and meeting Pocahontas.
Honestly, Disney does everything well. We enjoyed all aspects of our trip immensely. Thanks for reading!